Knud Danielsen ApS’s basic principles are reliability, honesty and responsibility. The management and employees perform their day-to-day work with a high level of service and a positive work ethic. The company continuously expands its range of high-quality products at reasonable prices.
Despite a difficult industry, these factors all help position Knud Danielsen ApS among Europe’s leading suppliers of piano parts.
The company was founded in 1935 by Mr. Knud Danielsen. It was initially based in Rosengården, in the centre of Copenhagen. Conditions were simple and the selection of products very limited. Therefore, not least because of the war, the first many years were a difficult period. But after the war, with skill and hard work, Knud Danielsen increased his product range with the help of agencies from Renner, Strunz, Delignit, Biene, Degen and others. In the following decades, he established his name as a supplier to the many Scandinavian piano manufacturers of the time, such as Hornung & Møller, Hindsberg, Andreas Christensen, Brdr. Jørgensen, Nordiska Piano, Nystrøm, Malmsjö, and Fazer og Hellas.
As the years went by the company grew, and in 1954, Knud Danielsen’s son, Ove Danielsen, started working for the company. He had completed his business degree and returned from a longer stay with W. Wagner Jr. in Germany, who at the time produced all their Biene tuning pins, screws, bridge- and hitchpins in Plettenberg. Like his father, Ove Danielsen was an industrious and energetic businessman, and until 1970, when he took over the management after his father’s death, as well as the following decades, he expanded the company to include sales to most European piano manufacturers. The company established its own production of pedals and fittings, and started collaborating with new agencies supplying action parts and tools from Asia and the US. In the same years, the company moved to a more spacious location on Valdemarsgade, and now had room for its increasingly wide range of spare parts for the repairs industry.
In 1986, the company’s third generation of Danielsen´s joined the management in the person of Ove’s son, Rune Danielsen . Rune Danielsen had finished his business degree some years earlier. To get a thorough insight into the industry, he had then spent one year in the US, building pianos at Pratt Read & Co. At the time, Pratt Read & Co had taken over the production of Sohmer pianos and were America’s largest manufacturers of keyboards and actions. This was a very educational time for Rune Danielsen, and after a subsequent stay in Germany at Gebr. Wupper GmbH, who produce piano hinges, locks and fittings, he felt well-prepared to join the industry.
Shortly after Ove Danielsen’s death in 1994, Rune Danielsen took over and were fully in charge of the further sales and development of spare parts, tools etc. for the industry. Some years after in 1997 The Company did move to larger and more modern facilities in Espergærde, north of Copenhagen.
The following years saw rapid progress. Rune Danielsen continued in his predecessor’s footsteps and strengthened the company’s position in the industry with worldwide distribution and today the company distributes its products to more than 40 countries. The company has established its own production in Denmark, Lithuania and partial production in Germany.
Knud Danielsen ApS remains a 100% family-owned business for which tradition, service and quality are paramount. You can find more information about the company’s activities and product range here at its website: www.kdpianoteile.de